Monday, November 29, 2010

Believe it or not . . .

We've updated our blog!

One of the highlights of my year so far has been going to see the
Oscar Mayer Wienermobile.
I'm not sure if I can explain why it is so cool. It just is!

Sam loved going inside the "hot dog car" and whistle he got.

We spent some time at the beach and the pool this summer, but this seems to be about the only documentation I have.

Sam started preschool this year! He goes to our friend's house twice a week for a few hours. They mostly play, do arts and crafts and wrestle. It is perfect. I have visions of grandeur about getting amazing things done while Sam is away, but usually Savannah and I just nap.
I know its blurry, but isn't he cute?

Sam, for better or worse, has started to develop his own sense of style.

This is one of our favorite outfits.
He picked it out entirely by himself, from the plastic toy around his waist, to the "grabber" in his hand.


When Savannah and I were in CA, Abram took Sam to see and ride on
Thomas The Tank Engine.
He still talks about it all of the time.



We love Halloween around here!


Sam went as Buzz Lightyear to preschool.
I have not yet gotten my hands on photos of our family at the
ward party where we were all dressed in 50's attire.


Savannah LOVES to feed herself.


She started sitting on her own while we were in CA for Melissa and Brian's wedding.

And now she is standing.


And I have been making cakes.
This one was for the Young Women.

And this one was for the Boy Scouts.

The Iron Man cake was a little intimidating, but I am happy with how it turned out. And yes, that is gold icing. It was pretty amazing. The Iron Man birthday boy seemed pleased as well.


9 comments:

sallysue said...

Umm, thank you for postin a picture of Sam in his monster hat. It looks absolutely amazing!
And, I do appreciate blog updates, whenever they may come. :)

Clark said...

Best Post Ever! I can't believe how grown up Sam looks... and Savannah is adorable. I love everything on here.... the costumes, the life size Thomas the train,... the WIENERMOBILE!!! So cool!

The Irishes said...

Your kids are soooo stinkin adorable!!!

Kristin Chesnik said...

Looks like a GREAT year! I am envious of your time with the Wienermobile. Pretty exciting!

I am SO impressed with your cake decorating abilities! WOW!!

Cute kid pics!

Jennifer B. said...

Fantastic update. Thank you for all the photos--what great adventures you've had! Also, I just have to say that your cakes are incredible and you children adorable. Impressive!

nicole said...

I feel partly responsible for you finally blogging again. And look at this response. You're welcome. Your beehive cake looks awesome! and my favorite picture is of Savannah in her swimgear.

Tylershark said...

Amen to everything Clark said. I'm amazed at how old Sam looks.

Papa said...

What a wonderful surprise. Your family brings joy to my heart. The kids will do tremendous things in this world. Keep up the good work. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Los Angeles Temple, Thomas the Tank Engine, Wienermobile, cake, It all looks like the dream life to me. The Children are beautiful. Thanks for the great post. xoxo mom