Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What's UP?

Several months ago we took Sam to see his first movie for his birthday. Of course it was "Up!." We did our best to make sure it was a magical experience for him. We got him popcorn, a huge soda, plopped him on our lap and hoped for the best. Needless to say, he loved it.



"Up!," for those of you who haven't seen it, is fantastic. I will admit that selfishly I wanted it to be Sam's first movie, because I knew it would be fantastic. Gene Siskel, of Siskel and Ebert fame, said every child's first movie should be good. Pixar's movies are so amazing that we are thinking about naming our next kid after them.

I have included a little video tour of Pixar, which has the director and producer explaining a little about how they came up with ideas for the movie. It is rather lengthy but it shows all of the cool work they put into all of the details. Some of the highlights include when they show of the merit badges that Russell has at 8.30 and they give a tour of one of the animator's offices at 15.

More about this movie

8 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

What a moment! Thanks for the Pixar clip--very cool.

Suzanne said...

You can always count on Pixar. The first movie we took Thomas to was Toy Story 2. I really liked Up. It was probably my favorite Pixar after the magic that was the Toy Story World. The clip was fun. Thanks for posting it.

Mary said...

I want to work there! Love it! You do know that Toy Story and Toy Story 2 will be coming out in 3D at the beginning of October...and Toy Story 3 will be coming out next June...yeah! We are very excited!

Kristin Chesnik said...

Happy Birthday Sam!!! Glad it was a GREAT one!

Papa said...

We are so happy that Sam enjoyed his first movie. It seems like mom and dad enjoyed it as well. Sam's days as an only child are winding down so have a great time Sam. Life is good and getting better. Love Grandpa

Lauryn Dawes said...

Congrats on a girl! I can't wait to see a cute little girl added to your family. We're excited for a boy, and we'll need lots of advice so feel free to offer any. February is an excellent month... let the race begin!

Unknown said...

brotttherrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

nicole said...

I'm coming up there this week!!! Are you guys going to be around?