Wednesday, July 20, 2011

North vs South

You would think South Carolina wouldn't be vastly different from North Carolina, and its not. However, some things we have seen in the past week have made us feel a little more than 3 hours from our previous home. In fact, Abram and I have been frequently referring to the 30 Rock episode where Liz and Jack travel to the South.
"What is this? Peppy Bismilk? Why is everything a little different here?"

I'm having a hard time finding the words, so how about some pictures?
This nice man is a County Councilman who was interviewed on the news this evening.

The web address says it all.

And this little beauty solidifies our decision to make SC our permanent address. If you can have a state issued license plate with a confederate flag, why would you not?

And last but not least, something that could have been seen just as easily in NC, but nevertheless noteworthy...Am I mean for posting this one? I feel mean, but I just can't stop laughing at it. And I took this after she pulled it down! Man, I need to get some new clothes for running my morning errands around here!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe! You'd better work on that new wardrobe. And please tell me that councilman picture is a joke. LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from me!

Kristin (Edington) Chesnik

bk said...

fantastic! i'm glad you're fully appreciating your surroundings. and that councilman would totally get my vote...

Cyndie said...

Just don't eat any chuckles!

matt and mckenna said...

That councilman is completely ridiculous. He looks like the grandpa from Pappy Drew It. (Abram knows what I am talking about). Oh gosh. I am excited for all the fancy different things when I come to visit you guys in August!