I just found something that made my night. Nothing like a good scandal.
This is from hollywoodreporter.com
Discovery Channel is re-evaluating one of its most popular series, "Man vs. Wild," after allegations surfaced that its survival-expert host was bunking in motels when he was supposed to be braving the great outdoors.
The network issued a statement Monday in response to an investigation launched ... [which] confirmed that host Bear Grylls had partaken of indoor accommodations on at least two occasions when his series had depicted him spending the night in the wild.
Why am I so amused that he spent some nights in a motel, and perhaps not the critter infested cave depicted like in episode I watched of Ecuador? Maybe I feel more connected to the guy now. Personally I don't think it detracts from the show. I don't feel betrayed or misled. The show still teaches us how to face the wild, even if he cheated.
How do you feel, "Man vs Wild" lovers? Tell me your thoughts.
8 comments:
:( I don't believe it. But if it is true, I don't really care either. The show is still cool... I mean, he still eats snakes and cliff jumps without checking the depth of the water. You can't fake that... unless they aren't really snakes... and they really do check the water before he jumps. dang. I don't know what to think anymore.
Sounds like a cool show, but I haven't seen it. I don't think I would begrudge a man who eats (fake) snakes a roof over his head at night.
But maybe I would.
Shows how little I know. I thought staying in motels (or any place without the possibility for room service) was camping.
I have never seen the show. However we had 13 grand children in the backyard wild. Is that close? mom
It's not cheating. It's not like it's a gameshow for crying out loud. The guy has to put himself in harm's way 12-18 times per year in situations that would kill many weaker men. He has to be chronically sleep deprived. Let him sleep. I saw him eat a zebra raw. That deserves at least one night in a Motel 6.
I want to know if the motel had air conditioning. If it did not, he still has my respect.
You guys are awesome! I would agree that lack of room service or a/c sounds like roughing it. And 13 kids in the backyard does sound wild. It also sounds like I need to watch the show more if he is eating snakes and zebra, I only saw him eat bugs and pirana.
I saw him eat a frozen sheep eyeball in the Icelandic tundra.
But maybe it was just a grape.
Post a Comment