Thought #1 No Room at the Inn
Analogies are when you compare things. English majors do it all the time, it just comes natural to us. We can't help it. Well, this morning one struck me that was very pertinent. This place (Utah Valley Regional Medical Center) has very little room at the proverbial inn. There are 18 rooms are there must be a waiting list of some sort. I would hate to see this place during a football game, they've probably got people flying in from all over the country trying to get close to the stadium. The rooms are full and they said usually if the prostin and petosin don't work at first they usually send you home and have you come back and you do it all over again. Well, that would stink. Luckily we have a room and they said because of Wendy's blood pressure and low fluid levels they will probably not be kicking us out. Thats good news.
Thought #2 Whou Would Win in a Fight - A Recliner or the Floor?
There are several disclaimers in this battle. I will outline them for you.
1. This is not your ideal recliner, not a La-Z-Boy. Its not even a typical, average recliner. Its a hospital recliner. If you recline in it there is no stopping you. You are either sitting straight up or going all the way back, parrallel to the ground. And as you go back there is a clanking noise, similar to the noise that a roller coaster makes when you are being taken to the top of the very first drop. Not exactly a noise that you really associate with good nights sleep.
2. The floor has a sleeping bag on it.
Faced with the choice of floor or Venus Man Recliner I chose floor at one this morning. The floor was fine, I just slept like I had been on a camping trip. Why can they not just get a better recliner? Can't Costco get on that? I'm sure they can make a good cheap one. Or maybe I'll bring my own next time.
Thought #3 The Atlantic Coast Conference Connection
Everyone knows that basketball is huge in North Carolina. Its a fact. Well the doctor who is here today went to school at Wake Forest, an ACC school. He went there during their glory years, when they had Tim Duncan and were dominating the college basketball landscape. In one of Wendy's checkups I told him I was from North Carolina and he told me he went to Wake. I asked him if he remembered a couple of specific tournament games that Wake had done good in. He stopped in his tracks and said "I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it." I'm going to make sure basketball is not going to be brought up when the labor process is started because it has a high probability of becoming distracting, both to the doctor and me.
4 comments:
I have a better name: Sam Duke Cordel. I know Abram will love that. Go Blue Devils!
PS I keep on walking by the computer right when there is a new post, thats why im so up to date.
Or if you like North Carolina, you can just call him Tar Baby Cordell. Of course you'll have to apologize to Al Sharpton at some point if you do that. Go Tar Heels!
When Sam turns 12 will he be a "Demon Deacon" or just a regular deacon?
When Sam is 8 he'll most likely join the wolfpack, so to speak.
Post a Comment